Ask Me

Dark Shadows (2012)

Dark Shadows


Every Family Has Its Demons
Genre : Comedy, Fantasy, Horror

Dark Shadows is directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp. I bet you all have known who Johnny Depp and Tim Burton are. They are both great people. Because of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton, you should watch this movie.

a brief storyline
It's about a vampire who is locked in a coffin for 200 years. He's Barnabas Collins, son of Collins who has the world of Collinsport. Unfortunately, he made mistake of breaking a heart of Angelique Bouchard, an evil witch. She turned Barnabas into a vampire and then burried him alive. In 1972,  Barnabas Collins freed from his tomb. He returns to Collinwood, his home, and wants to make his family name as good as it was. The problem is, Angelique Bouchard ! She is still alive and want to destroy him while Barnabas once again falls in love with Victoria, Josette's looks alike. 


Barnabas Collins: My name is Barnabas Collins. Two centuries ago, I made Collinwood my home... until a jealous witch cursed me, condemning me to the shadows, for all time. 

All the characters are A-Mah-Zing. The story is also interesting. I've never seen or watched the real Dark Shadows, but this movie is great. Johnny Depp who acts as Barnabas Collins is really perfect. Eva Green as Angelique Bouchard is also stunning. Bella Heathcote as Victoria Winters is pretty. Don't ask Helena Bonham Carter who plays Dr. Hoffman, she's great too. Last, i like Chloe Moretz as Carolyn so much. Thumbs up.




I also love the setting in 70's. Songs, Carpenters, even Collinswood, the palace. Every single thing in Collinswood Castle is beautiful. Not stopping in characters and settings, other thing that is great is the conversation line which is hillarious. Some of maybe adult jokes, but still funny. Actually, Barnabas Collins is the one who made me laughing.


Angelique Bouchard: Hello, Barnabas. Remember me? Barnabas Collins: Witch, you cursed me to be this hideous creature! You may strategically place your wonderful lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly! 

Barnabas Collins: I seek advice on the art of courting a woman of this time. Carolyn Stoddard: You obviously mean Vicky. Barnabas Collins: She has the most fertile birthing hips I've ever set eyes upon. Carolyn Stoddard: You're weird. Barnabas Collins: [mistakenly flattered] You really think so?  

recommend
Don't bring your little brother or sister under 17 ! I told you, there are some scenes which are unappropriate to them, like kissing. Go watch this and you'll find Carpenters and Alice Cooper !
Oldies time :D Yeah and get your time for understanding every single jokes that Johnny Depp / Barnabas Collins says

Watch Dark Shadows ! Watch Dark Shadows !

SHARE ON:

Hello guys, I'm Marchella. I'm a 24 years old part time blogger from Indonesia. I'm also a food lovers. I love everything delicious to see.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment