Ask Me

Thai Movie : Pee Mak (2013)

This is my first time watching horror-comedy movie from Thailand. As the result, I am really satisfied with this movie. Worth to watch, eventhough it's late.


Pee Mak Phra Kanong

Genre : Comedy, Horror, Romance
Release Date : 5th April 2013
Running Time : 115 minutes

a brief storyline

Mak (Mario Maurer) is one of a soldier who served in war during the beginning of Rattanakosin Dynasty. He saves Ter, Puak, Shin, and Aey's lives then become best friends. After the war is over, they come back into Mak's hometown, Phra Kanong. Mak has a beautiful wife named Nak (Davika Hoorne) and a child named Dang. As soon as they meet the villagers, there was a rumour going around the village that Nak has died while giving birth a son. The first person to tell this news is Aunt Priak, an owner of liquor shop who found dead later after tell the news. Everything goes wrong and becomes suspicious. Is Nak really a ghost or not?



a fair review

Based on famous horror story in Thailand about 19th century (Mae Nak Phra Kanong), Banjong Pisanthanakun recreate the story into comedy-horror. Still, there aren't any romance points which eliminated. Strong romance story between Mak and Nak was played very well in this movie.


Mario Maurer and Davika are doing a great job plays the role. They are so perfect like real husband-wife. If you want to watch the handsomeness of Mario Maurer, then do not hope to see that handsome face like his other famous movie. I don't know, I don't like his hair style in this movie, just my opinion. But, I do really love Davika Hoorne. She is so beautiful, really beautiful. She has long hair, white smooth skin, pretty face, and everything. Ah, and the quartet Ter, Puak, Shin, and Aey, I think they really make audiences in the whole movie theatre laughing with no efforts. Seriously, funny.


I like the twist in the middle of the movie. They distory the storyline so the audiences is really confused who is the real ghost. Sound effect succesfully portrays the horror scene if needed. If the backsound was coming right at the time of horror scene appeared, that will be great. For the percentage, horror 40 %, comedy 60%, so everyone who scared watching horror movies, you guys don't worry too much. The climax of the story, on the contrary I felt so touched. So this is what love means to Mak and Nak. That was beautiful :)


a brief closure 

You guys all know, I'm not the one who easily want to watch horror movies, but this time I exclude my fear toward horror movies. Pee Mak is really good to watch, so entertaining. I'm sure this movie won't scare you at all, but bring you last impression about a famous love story from Thailand.

Rating : 7,5/10

SHARE ON:

Hello guys, I'm Marchella. I'm a 24 years old part time blogger from Indonesia. I'm also a food lovers. I love everything delicious to see.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment